April 11, 2016 issue
Tagline: When Jill found her heart's passion, love wasn't far behind!
Observations: I really liked this story. I think there were a lot of small details in this story that Woman's World likes. I thought I'd list them. Small things add up.
1. A grandma is mentioned. Family is important.
2. Proving an old saying to be true, especially when a grandma is saying it, is a reliable trope for Woman's World.
3. Jill's sister is a stay-at-home mom. While Woman's World supports many modern beliefs, like women working, etc., they still do value old fashioned ones.
4. Brother is in the Navy, a noble career.
5. Jill's initiative is very important. She's such an upbeat character, you couldn't help but like her. If she's not happy, she doesn't mope around and complain or blame. She gets out there and does something about it. This is KEY.
6. Jill is full of gratitude and she's willing to demonstrate it.
7. Jill has a sense of humor and so does Jack.
8. Cooper adds so much romance by having Jack propose in the coffee shop where they had their first date. Not only that, but Jack thinks of getting her a heart-shaped diamond. Brilliant! (Pun intended.)
9. Cooper also brings the story full circle by quoting the saying again.
Photo credit: Marnee Pearce via the Flickr Creative Commons License