Monday, August 31, 2020

Love is a River

by Mary Ann Joyce from the August 10, 2020 issue

Tagline: As she competes against her nemesis, Derek, during a kayaking race, Rosie Joes is surprised to find the tide of her feelings turning into love.

Observations: This story was so funny. I have to admit I'm partial towards humorous stories. Let me go count how many times I wrote "LOL" in the margin.

Okay, I'm back. I laughed five times. That might actually be a record for a Woman's World story.

I liked the kayaking race, something I can't recall seeing in a Woman's World story before. I also liked that little naughty raciness when Rosie caught Derek looking at her backside.

Of course, the story is written by Mary Ann Joyce. She's a master at this.

3 comments:

Sandy Smith said...

I agree it was a great story with good action with the kayak race.

Pat said...

I agree, Kate. This is a wonderful story, but as you said it is from Mary Ann Joyce and we expect a great story.

Loved the kayaking setting, loved the characters, and loved the humor.

A story to study for sure.

Mary Ann Joyce said...

Thanks, guys! I tried to make the hero a little over-the-top but still likeable. It was a fun story to write.