Tuesday, December 22, 2020

A Perfectly Good Man

 by Marcie McEachern from the December 14, 2020 issue


Tagline: Kristen is unsure if moving to a new town was the right choice, until a dashing stranger gives her the sign she's been hoping for.

Observations: It's been a while since I saw a story with the trope of "Grandma's Advice," so I was glad to see it in this story. This is a tried and true Woman's World plot in which the heroine remembers a piece of advice, usually a saying, that a relative always said. It's usually about love, but it doesn't have to be. It's also usually a heroine, but you could swap the genders for a twist. Usually the advice ends up coming true, but McEachern put her own twist on it and wrote a story that did not conform to the norm. 

I liked the humor at the end of the story. 

Photo by Marco Verch via Flickr Creative Commons License

4 comments:

Pat said...

I enjoyed this story. Well written.

Thanks for all you do, Kate.

Merry Christmas and Happy, Healthy New Year to you and yours

Sandy Smith said...

I also enjoyed the humor at the end. It was a good story. Reminded me of a Hallmark movie.

Kate said...

You're welcome, Pat!

Marcie McEachern said...

Thank you for the kind words about my story! Sandy, I was picturing a Hallmark movie when I wrote it!