Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Love in Aisle #4

by Deborah Clack from the January 25, 2021 issue


Tagline: Cheryl is just picking up dessert at the grocery store...but when Kurt appears, it looks like love is on the menu...

Observations: I haven't done a stream-of-consciousness post in a while, so here goes! For those of you who haven't seen this, it's where I just type down what I'm thinking as I read the story. 

Nice description of the guy.

I love that line..."Are you having a salad crisis?" LOL

Aha! Clack clearly knows her greens. I don't like frisee or kale in salads. The texture of frisee is too fluffy and raw kale is too tough.

I'm always a little amused when characters' fingers touch when handing something over. Maybe I'm a germaphobe or something, but when I take or give things to and from strangers, I try really hard not to touch them. LOL But you know, it's a romance story device, so I'm fine with it.

Ha! I've never heard of break and bake. LOL

And once Cheryl mentions a dinner she's going to, I immediately suspect they're going to the same dinner.

I'm impressed by Kurt's ingenuity regarding the bundt cake.

I liked how Clack revealed that they were indeed going to the same dinner.

Really cute ending with the kale confession! But I did wonder about them faking eating dinner and "ditch[ing] them for dinner at Sal's Steak House." I kind of wish they'd just made a date to go out another night.

Photo by denabola 2025 via Flickr Creative Commons License


3 comments:

Pat said...

Kate, I loved this story. I confess I'm a greens lover. LOL

I thought the setup was great and like you I suspected they were doing to the same dinner. It did cross my mind that they were being a little rude by ditching the couple and going out to dinner, but I figured the couple intended to set them up so they wouldn't mind. Forgiving is a WW thing, isn't it.

Sandy Smith said...

I had it figured out that they were going to the same dinner. I also figured that since it was supposed to be a set-up, the hosts were thrilled they were leaving together. Kate, I agree with you about the touching hands. I wasn't sure about the "electric jolt" from touching. But it was a really cute story.

Kate said...

Sandy, especially with COVID. When I accidentally touch strangers' hands at work, I immediately go wash my hands.

Pat, I like a lot of greens. Frisee isn't one of them! LOL