Monday, August 23, 2021

A Perfect Match


by Shelley Cooper from the August 9, 2021 issue

Tagline: When Valerie checks in on her new neighbor while he's sick, their meeting sparks a fever in both their hearts that nothing can tame.

Observations: I really enjoyed this matchmaker story. It was also a very loose enemies-to-lovers story as well, which I think is hard to do in 800 words. I loved how the ending was the two daughters celebrating their success on their phones, however, I did think it was a little odd that both parents were each meeting their 12-year-olds at the restaurant, but perhaps that's what it's like in a small town. You can let your pre-teen be much more independent than in the suburbs. 

Photo by Melanie Tata via Flickr Creative Commons License

2 comments:

Pat said...

Great observations, Kate.

I didn't think of the 12-year-olds at the restaurant alone. I guess I watch too many Hallmark movies. LOL But not living in a small town, now that you mention it, it does seem odd to me. I sure wouldn't let my teens wondering around town these days.

Sandy Smith said...

If it is a small town and the restaurant is within walking distance, I guess it isn't too strange. It was a cute story.