Saturday, May 13, 2023

Falling Into New Love


by Millicent Porter Henry from the May 1, 2023 issue

Tagline: After taking a spill on her bike, Maggie is left injured and in need of aid...and her handsome rescuer offers her more than just a helping hand.

Observations: I may be wrong but this feels like the first man-to-the-rescue story that I've seen in a bit. Man-to-the-rescue is a time-honored trope for Woman's World, but don't get your feminist panties in a twist because it's completely possible to flip the gender and write a woman-to-the-rescue story.

What's fun about this story is that it had a twist. The man doing the rescuing had an ulterior motive--he wanted to ask Maggie out. So, in a way, it was good luck that she took that spill.

Photo by Simon Lee via Flickr Creative Commons License

3 comments:

Pat said...

Cute story.

Nanci said...

I enjoyed this story. Very sweet. I could never get any of my clothes in a twist, lol, because I find it endearing when a guy steps up when a woman is in trouble! Sometimes things can go too far in the other direction and that can be a turnoff. Yes, women can do a lot but men should still be allowed to be men. 😀

Kate Willoughby said...

I agree, Nanci!