Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Bunny Kisses by Ann M. Janis

from the March 26, 2018 issue

Tagline: Could Sean be sweet on more than just Kate's cookies?

Observations: This was a super cute story. Having been to many a fundraiser and festival in my time, this evoked a lot of the same optimism I remember as a teacher and as a parent.

I did think the milk chocolate treat for a tail on the cookies made for a weird image. I know bunnies can be brown, but these cookies were pastel, so the brown tail seemed like an odd choice.

I'd also like to issue a blanket commendation to all the uber-dedicated aunts and uncles of Woman's World stories! Again, in my experience as a teacher and parent, it was work to just get parents to attend these types of events, let alone uncles and aunts. LOL But we authors have artistic license and we often need to use it!

I adored the ending:

He smiled, and her heart did a little bunny hop.


2 comments:

Pat said...

Cute story. I enjoyed it.

Sandy Smith said...

It was cute. Bake sales and festivals seem to be another common location for WW stories to take place.