Monday, August 27, 2018

A Pair of Lovebirds

by Jill Weatherholt from the August 27, 2018 issue

Tagline: Myrna wasn't thinking about romance...until she met Jim!

Observations: Very cute story. I happen to adore hummingbirds. I have three feeding stations and have been battling ants this summer. They love the nectar as much as the birds to. I also lost a feeder to my gardener, who knocked it over while mowing the lawn, causing it to break. As a hummingbird aficionado, I also know that you should never buy the red dyed nectar. The dye damages the eggs. It's better (and much cheaper to make the nectar yourself. It's just one part sugar to four parts water.)

I admit I did not see Jim's third appearance as the one-man nursery crew coming. I was expecting her to go back to the store or something.

I think the ending was very well done.

She was thrilled that her new hummingbird sanctuary had not only attracted the birds but also a very special man.

Photo by C. Watts via Flicker CC license

4 comments:

Sandy Smith said...

Actually, the minute she said a crew was coming from the nursery, I knew it would be Jim. I enjoyed the story. I always enjoy the stories with older characters.

Pat said...

I loved this story. Back story was filter in very well. Loved the characters.

Pat said...

Whoops, the above comment was for the Lucky Penny story.
I thought this story was cute, informative, and well written. I love it when I can learn something in a story with so little word count.

Gardena Electricians said...

Thankks for this blog post