Monday, December 17, 2018

Tag A Heart

by Rosemary Hayes from the December 3, 2018 issue

Tagline: After years of searching online for her long-lost love, Lauren Bird has given up on ever seeing him again...until an unexpected name shows up on a tag at her local Christmas tree farm, sparking new hope.

Observations: Wow, that was an unusually long tagline.

I liked this story. Nothing bothered me as I read, but I did find myself wondering about this part:

Finally, the day arrived when Lauren could pick up their tree...

My family goes to a nursery where the trees are already cut, so I'm unfamiliar with tree farms. Is it commonplace to choose a tree and then have to go back to the farm to cut it down?

Photo credit: Justin Russell via Flickr cc license


6 comments:

Mary Jo said...

I wondered about that, too, Kate. A tree of any size is really heavy and cutting one down takes some muscle and some skill. I know I couldn't do it. Rosemary always writes cute stories, though.

Betsi said...

My daughter's family lives in Connecticut, and every year they do exactly this. They pick out their tree and tag it, then go back and cut it down a week or two later. My son-in-law has muscle and skill, lol.

Pat said...

Cute story.

As far as the tree thing goes, I think it depends on where you live and the tree farm itself.

Kate said...

Thanks for the clarification!

Jill Weatherholt said...

I really enjoyed Rosemary’s story! Being an artificial tree family, you got me, Kate.��

Deb N said...

I've gone to tree farm and cut down on same day, or out in woods to cut trees. Not that I cut it down myself - I always bring someone to cut it down for me :-) I thought this was a cute story.