Thursday, January 3, 2019

A Christmas Wedding

by Mary Jo Young from the December 10, 2018 issue

Tagline: As a jewelry designer, Jules has made many wedding rings, [sic] but worries she'll never have one of her own...until she meets one special customer.

Observations: I really liked the drama of this story. It wasn't over the top. But that's nothing new. Woman's World doesn't like melodrama. For some reason, I wasn't expecting a mistaken identity, even though all the clues were there.

The only thing I question is that Jules is the designer, so she must have discussed the design of the ring with someone and I assume it wasn't the groom, which is a bit odd.

Photo credit: trendyideas via Flickr CC license

2 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Certainly a valid point, Kate. I wondered about the initial consultation myself but couldn’t come up with a short explanation. I think maybe the bride came in with her father to discuss the design of her perfect wedding ring. Maybe the groom was deployed at the time.

The fiction editing done at this time of transition at WW is interesting, isn’t it? I was flummoxed to find that the elegant blond guy with the cerulean blue eyes had actually become a Leprechaun with a head full of red curls and emerald eyes that flashed and flashed again. And the young jeweler Jules had become an older woman kinda left on the shelf. Can you just picture the couple?

I hope the new crew in the fiction department find their feet very soon. Good luck to everyone.

Pat said...

Wow, you both see a lot of things that I'm going back to look at.

I'm not even sure I read this story as my issues have been arriving so late this past month. Not sure if it is WW or the post office.