Friday, January 3, 2020

A Storm in a Snow Globe

by Kate Pearce from the December 23, 2019 issue

Tagline: Furious and stressed, Sally Hayes is set on giving her husband, Tom, the silent treatment...until he melts her heart and shows her what matters most.

Observations: I loved this story! It was so different, and that's probably because we see so few "marriage on the rocks" stories. Although, this marriage isn't really on the rocks. I think having the son wanting to join the military was a smart move, as an author because Woman's World definitely supports the military.

Announcement: I'm going to be adjusting my blog posts and only blogging when I think there's a teachable moment in the story. I don't think there's any point to posting when I have nothing to say about the story except that I liked it. :)

Photo by Peter Corbett via Flickr CC license

3 comments:

Sandy Smith said...

This was a cute story. I enjoy stories with already married couples.

I am going to miss your weekly critiques. I also enjoy reading what you think of the stories. But I will continue to look forward to reading what you post.

Pat said...

Loved this story. The characters seemed to real-life to me.

I understand about not posting unless the story has a teaching point and I totally agree. It takes a lot of time to do this blog every week and you've been doing it for a long time. Thank you for all your hard work. I will still check in often. Happy New Year, Kate.

Kate said...

Sandy and Pat, thanks so much for your support over the years.