Friday, December 27, 2019

The Furry Matchmaker

by Rebecca Zanetti from the December 2019 issue

Tagline: When Melody Landsom finds a stranger's dog on her front porch, she never expects it will lead her to its handsome owner...and a second chance at first love!

Observations: I remember when I first targeted Woman's World as a publication I wanted to write for, it seemed like every other story had a dog or a cat in it, and I seem to recall there being a point where they flat out said, no more dog stories! LOL I guess I wasn't the only writer to notice they liked dog stories.

Anyway, this was an adorable dog story, even if this wasn't the first doggie matchmaker to grace the pages of Woman's World. I liked Melody and the dog. The handsome dog owner was cute too, even if it was weird that his last name was Lexington and he named his dog Remington.

I appreciate the wedding ending, but I didn't get that blissful happy feeling I expect from a romance. As I've said countless times before, I'm a details person who is extremely picky as well. The fact that her taking a leap "paid off..." I just didn't like that phrase, as if her reward was marriage. It came off a little mercenary. Again, this is only my opinion!! 

Photo by Rennett Stowe via Flickr CC License

2 comments:

Pat said...

I have to find this issue as I don't remember much about the story. I do recognize Rebecca Zanetti's name as a romance writer though.

I laughed at your comment about WW not wanting any more dog stories those years ago. I remember that. LOL

Sandy Smith said...

For some reason I noticed that the hero and heroine both had the same initials. For some reason, that struck me as strange. Not that it really matters, though! But it was a cute story. The ending didn't bother me. It just seemed like she had been looking for someone and so it was a leap to go to the wedding with a stranger.