Sunday, January 8, 2023

Christmas Wishes


by Lisa Weaver from the December 19, 2022 issue

Tagline: Emma has just one thing on her wish list this Christmas: a chance to be more than friends with handsome Hunter. But does he feel the same?

Observations: I mean, it doesn't get more Christmas-y than this story. Aside from the obvious Christmas story tropes like Santa and an ugly sweater competition, there were references...

...a hearty 'Ho, ho, ho!' that has my heart bounding in a magnificent '10 lords a-leaping' impression.

"Ho-ho-horrible!"

...my smile glowing brighter than a certain famous reindeer's nose...

The only thing I wondered about is that he assumed her wish was the same as his, which was a little presumptuous, but this didn't mess up my enjoyment of the story.


4 comments:

Sandy Smith said...

I enjoyed this story. I imagined that he had also guessed she liked him, too. She must have been sending out those vibes or something!

Lisa Weaver said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the story Kate and Sandy! I had so much fun writing this short romance, and it was fantastic to have the opportunity to share it with Woman's World readers. It's amazing to see how the Woman's World editors are able to hit just the right notes as they prepare submissions for publication. Their work always takes a story to the next level! Kate, thank you for pouring your time and talent into this blog and for offering the
writing for Woman's World courses. Such tremendous resources!

Pat said...

Oh my, I loved the story, the premise, the characters, the setting; but most of all, I loved the writing. Those connections you mention, Kate, stood out to me as I was reading. What an amazing writer to add in those little connecting touches. Well done.

Lisa Weaver said...

Thanks so much for the kind words Pat. I'm thrilled to hear you liked "Christmas Wishes".