Monday, December 26, 2022

The Sweetest Love Story


 by Audrey Wick from the December 5, 2022 issue

Tagline: Mia is falling for the mystery man leaving her notes at her neighborhood's little free library...then a mug of cocoa finally brings them together.

Observations: I adore little free libraries! It's on my bucket list to have my woodworking sons make me one. I also adored the idea of exchange notes via the books. The first story I ever sold to Woman's World had a similar idea, except the notes were placed on tables at a deli.

This story was fabulous. I wasn't surprised to see that Ms. Wick is a novelist. There was a noticeable and restrained polish to her prose that I appreciated. I hope to see more of her stories in Woman's World!

6 comments:

Audrey Wick said...

Thank you, Kate! So glad you enjoyed this story. It's the first one I sold to Woman's World, and I had such a good time writing it. There's a Little Free Library in my neighborhood, so it was fun to imagine a fictional story around it. Hope to write more in the future!

Nanci said...

I adored this story from the first word to the last. 😀😍

Pat said...

Finally catching up on my back issues of WW.

I loved this story from the premise to the characters to the wonderful words of the writer. Ms. Wick pulled me in and suspended my disbelief despite so many questions I've had about tiny free libraries. Just an adorable story.

Kate Willoughby said...

You're very welcome, Audrey! Keep up the great work!
Pat, I'm getting caught up too, obviously. LOL I blog in fits and starts.

Sandy Smith said...

Audrey, it was a great story. A little free library was a great idea for the story. Wish I would have thought of it. There is one down the street from me.

Audrey Wick said...

Thank you, all, for your supportive and kind comments. Hope everyone enjoys lots more fun stories in 2023!