Sunday, July 9, 2023

The Most Fun in the Sun

by P.S. Murray from the June 26, 2023 issue

Tagline: A little R&R on the beach is just what the doctor ordered for busy Sally...but she gets far more than she bargained for when handsome Hank arrives.

Observations: This was a darling story. I loved the four-year-old. I loved the premise, perhaps because I lost my little one at a corn maze once and it was terrifying, so I could relate to Hank's situation.

I did wonder, however, at the the fact that they're both on vacation and there's little chance their relationship can continue. I would like to have seen that resolved...perhaps during the dinner conversation they could have discovered they live in the same city... ? Your mileage may differ.

Photo by Ronnie via Flickr Creative Commons License

3 comments:

Nanci said...

Kate,
Oh gosh! Your corn maze incident did sound terrifying.
I too loved this story and I too wondered how they would be a couple since they were both on vacation.
But such a sweet read and I love all things beachy. 💕

Sandy Smith said...

I had the same thought about how they could be together. I was also expecting them to discover they live in the same area. Maybe they just wanted a summer fling.

Pat said...

O, Kate, I feel for you about losing a kid. Been there, lucky for me he was asleep behind the sofa, but it was half an hour before we found him.

I agree with all the comments, I too wondered how they would get together. I did love the story because I'm a beach person also.