Saturday, July 14, 2018

Fireworks and Love

by Tina Radcliffe from the July 2, 2018 issue

Tagline: Kate thought the honeymoon was long over...then Jack gave her a surprise.

Photo: Jim, the Photographer (Flickr CC license)
Observations: I'm still having to get used to the thicker paper. More than once as I was thumbing through this issue, I thought I had two pages stuck together. LOL

Okay, I LOVED this story! Probably because it hits pretty close to home. My excuse for not prettying myself up anymore is because I had gained so much weight that I didn't like buying clothes, I didn't like trying to make myself look good because what was the point? However because of a new program I'm on, I've lost 17 pounds and I feel so great. TMI: I have shorts that I can pull off without unfastening. LOL Anyway, my point is, I could identify with a couple who don't go out of their way like they used to when they were first in love.

It's hard to write these types of stories and not have the wife or husband appear catty or disgruntled or complaining. Tina Radcliffe did this really well. She also showed both characters taking action, which is how it should be in a marriage. :)

7 comments:

Sandy Smith said...

I also loved this story.I would love to see more stories about married couples and I loved the contrast between the marriages of the two sisters. I loved how Jack played Uncle Sam on the float.

Sandy Smith said...

Kate, I meant to also say congratulations on losing 17 pounds.

Kate Willoughby said...

Thank you, Sandy! I'm so thrilled.

Shyra said...

I loved this story too. As much as I like a good 'first meet' story, I'm always happy to read stories about married couples. This one did a great job at showing how we can forget the little love things - red velvet cupcakes - as we get caught up in our busy schedules and daily routines.

Shyra said...

Kate, I'm right there with you on this hitting close to home due to weight gain. Congrats on the 17 lbs. That's so great! Care to share the new program you're on?

Mary Ann Joyce said...

Perfect story for Woman's World! Tina did a great job showing a married couple with flaws but a deep love for one another. It was very sweet.

Pat said...

I also loved this story. It's nice to see a married couple story once in a while. Tina wrote great charterers here.

Congrats on the 17 pound weight loss, Kate.