Saturday, June 1, 2019

A Love Remembered

by Lisa Weaver from the May 27, 2019 issue

Tagline: When Kate takes on the role of emcee at a Memorial Day bachelor auction, memories of lost love haunt her...until a former beau takes the stage.

Observations: I thought this was a fantastic Memorial Day story. It had:

  • a little sadness about her father's passing, which was appropriate
  • some humor with the triplets putting gum in the heroine's hair
  • a second chance
  • a misunderstanding with the winning bidder being in cahoots with the hero
  • a great ending that tied in with the hot air balloon date the hero planned
Handy tipWoman's World is always looking for stories that tie into holidays, and not just the major ones, like Thanksgiving or Christmas. Find some obscure "national" holidays and build a story around them.

Photo by Billy Bob Bain (Flickr cc license)

7 comments:

Pat said...

I loved this story. I was amazed at what Lisa fit into the tiny word count. Great job!

Lisa Weaver said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it Kate! I had a lot of fun writing it. Your advice about developing a romance around a holiday is spot on. Thanks for the lovely review, and for sharing your talent to help other writers grow in their craft.

Kate said...

Thank you, Lisa, for the great story. :)

Mary Ann Joyce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandy Smith said...

Great story. I liked the twist of him planting the woman to buy the package. That was a great black moment when I wondered how they would end up. It tied in very well with the holiday.

Shyra said...

What a great story! You knew the they were both nice people - she babysat someone's triplets, he changed someone's flat tire. Come on, how could you not like them and cheer for them to get back together? I don't have a Kindle but I'm going to see if I can order Lisa's book that was shown at the end of this story and read it on my computer.

Kate said...

I'm so pleased to hear that someone wants to buy the author's book because of the little plug for it at the end of the story. Woman's World has really taken a big step to help authors sell their books this way.