Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Love on Page One

by Alyssa Symon from the June 3, 2019 issue

Tagline: When Bonnie boards her flight to a literary conference, she's given up on love--until a handsome stranger rewrites her story.

Stream of Consciousness Observations: The man is wearing a suit on the plane? He must be a business man going on a business trip. Gone are the days when people dressed up to travel.

Hm. Her heart throbbed? Odd word choice.

I like the stubble paragraph. I'm fascinated with facial hair. Wait, that sounds weird. I mean I just find stubble attractive. LOL

Even though I never saw the movie, I immediately think of "Weekend at Bernie's" when I see his name is Bernie.

Connecting over books? OMG. I'm jealous of Bonnie. My husband is not a Reader.

Black moment arrives. Of course, they have to part at the baggage claim. But being a savvy WW story reader, I know he's going to show up at the conference.

OMG. I LOVE how he reveals his presence at the conference! Although I totally expected him to be there, when he taps her on the shoulder and says she's in his seat...it's perfect.

I loved this story.

Photo credit: Stevep2008 via Flickr CC license

4 comments:

Sandy Smith said...

Great story. I liked how the opening comment of him being in her seat was turned around in the end. Well written.

Pat said...

Loved this story. Great job by the author and a great review, Kate.

Deb N said...

Lots of chemistry, for sure, and ending tied into beginning. I agree with your take on "stubble" :-) A few weird word choices here and there, BUT this was a great story.

Anonymous said...

Guess you're too young to remember the expression "heart throb," referring to handsome actors by the fan magazines.