Saturday, August 25, 2018

So Much In Common

by Jenny Welsh from the August 20, 2018 issue


Tagline: Sarah and Cody were perfect for each other, but it took the matchmaker downstairs to help them see it!

Observations: Another adorable story! I loved the rooftop setting. (Coincidentally, the story I'm publishing next has a scene on a rooftop!) The piled up coincidences were funny and not the least bit annoying.

You'll notice that the hero and heroine don't get much on-page time together, which is unusual and a little counter to the advice I usually give you, which is to actively show them connecting. This way the reader believes they have a real chance to fall in love. Often, we've seen the couple on a date or having spent some time together. We end up feeling confident they'll continue to see each other.

In this story, you only see them together for about one third of the story. In this case, the "happy for now" ending ends a little sooner than many Woman's World stories and we end up feeling confident they'll have a conversation. LOL But it still works.

Photo by Eddie Welker (Flickr CC license)

4 comments:

Tamara said...

Hi Kate, did you miss "The Lucky Penny" in the August 6 issue?

Pat said...

Kate, I loved this story. It was different but had great characters.

Kate Willoughby said...

I misplaced two issues. I'll be posting those soon. Sorry to have gone out of order. LOL

Sandy Smith said...

This was another cute story. I enjoyed the rooftop getaway. I thought it was quite romantic.