Friday, September 25, 2020

A Bite of Love

 by Alyssa Symon from the September 21, 2020 issue


Tagline: When Theo's high school crush returns to town and opens a bakery, it's only a matter of time before he gets a sweet shot of romance.

Observations: This was a solidly written story. My favorite part was...

She smiled--there wasn't a heart in town she couldn't melt with that smile.

What a perfect line.

Also, right after that there's a high pitched voice that says, "Cookie!" and I thought it was the hero! I thought he was so nervous that his voice cracked. I immediately reread that part and realized my mistake.

I also thought it was funny that she thought he was on a stakeout, after last week's story, which really was a stakeout.

Photo by Vegan Feast Catering via Flickr CC license

3 comments:

Pat said...

I agree, Kate. Cute sorry, well written.

I also noticed the stakeout thing and thought of the story the week before.

Sandy Smith said...

I also thought the hero had said "cookie" in a high-pitched voice and had to read it a couple times. But it was a cute story.

leva fritt said...

Hi nice reading your blog