Monday, September 21, 2020

Undercover Love Story

 by Shelley Cooper from the September 14, 2020 issue


Tagline: When Gideon, an undercover police officer, falls for Becca during a sting, he wonders how she'll react when she finds out he's not who he seems.

Observations: Again, what a unique premise for a Woman's World story! I love crime shows and I love Woman's World romances and this was a fun mash-up of the two. I would never have thought to try putting those two things together. 

I adored the teasing banter between Gideon and his co-workers. I loved the touching moment when Becca tells him she's there for him. I would have thought there were too many names/characters to keep track of in such a short story, but it wasn't.

Photo by Brad Greenlee via Flickr CC license

3 comments:

Sandy Smith said...

I also thought this was a unique premise for a story. I might have thought Woman's World wouldn't go for something like that, so just goes to show it doesn't hurt to try something new. It was a good story.

Pat said...

Katie, I also love crime and cops stories. This was the best story I've ever read in WW and I've been reading the magazine almost since it started publishing.

I couldn't believe how much Shelley fit into the word count. It was truly amazing. Shelley if you see this, best job of writing I've ever seen.

Kate said...

It's easy to see why the "regulars" keep getting published, isn't it?