Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Love in Bloom

by Alyssa Symon from the April 15, 2019 issue

Tagline: After heartbreak leaves Angelica wondering if she's destined to be alone, she looks for solace in her community garden. But when her old flame shows up, she must decide if she can put aside the past and plant the seed for a brighter future.

Observations: It's been a while since we saw a "couple on the rocks" story and I thought Symon did a good job. I mean, who among us wouldn't love for an ex to realize he'd made a horrible mistake when he broke up with us?

I thought the backstory about her mom was poignant and the ending was lovely. I do wonder why, if he planned to help her in the garden, why he wore such nice clothes. LOL

Photo by: Poppet with a camera (via Flickr cc license)

3 comments:

Sandy Smith said...

I agree about why he wasn't dressed for gardening! Nice story.

Pat said...

Cute story. Loved the community garden idea.
I laughed at his clothes, but since I have a daughter who went Girl Scout camping and came home as clean as she went it didn't bother me so much.

Deb N said...

I loved the part where she planted her dirty hand on his white shirt. Or he planted it for her. Up until then, I'm thinking can someone change that much after five years of not pitching in. So no flinching at dirt on shirt was a sign he was willing to compromise and work toward unity between the two. Cute story.