Thursday, March 24, 2022

A Gust of Good Luck


 by Tina Cambria from the March 28, 2022 issue

Tagline: When a windy day almost sends Megan's life into a tailspin, hero mail carrier Will steps in to save the day--and steals her heart in the process.

Stream of Consciousness Observations:

  • What a fantastic opening line.
  • Oh, I have been there, done that with the wind taking papers from me. My usual response is to stomp on them. Sure, it's got my footprint on it, but at least it's not going anywhere.
  • I get babbly with handsome guys too, thought the older I get, the less I get nervous. 
  • Cute joke about the rain and sleet thing. I love seeing a character with a sense of humor.
  • Our heroine has priorities! Business before pleasure. Good for her. 
  • Well, of course, her handsome paper-rescuer comes into her shop! 
  • It occurs to me that she most likely would have had those lease papers way earlier than a week before her grand opening, but this didn't detract from my enjoyment of the story. Nice job, Ms. Cambria!
FYI, this is Vincent Van Gogh's Postman Joseph Roulin (1888). 

Photo credit: Sharon Mollerus via Flickr Creative Commons License

4 comments:

Pat said...

I'm missing this issue so haven't read the story. Hopefully the issue will show up late in the mail.

Mail service seems to be an issue of late. Hate it.

Kate Willoughby said...

That's super annoying, Pat. With the high price of stamps, you'd think they'd get their act together. I was mourning how few holiday cards I get now and I'm sure it's because it costs so dang much to mail them.

Pat said...

Kate, I finally got this issue. Funny that I got the April issue before the March 28th issue.

Loved the story. I thought the cliché about he mail carrier funny, but was surprised an editor used it. Story was well written with an unusual premise for sure.

It did cross my mind that she signed the papers and was ready to open a week later. I also knew he'd show up at the store. Loved that he's here mailman.

Sandy Smith said...

Cute story. I loved the humor.