Thursday, July 7, 2022

Love Is in the Air

by Amy Lanier from the June 20, 2022 issue

Tagline: When a stranger shows up to fly in her hot-air balloon, Sophia finds herself floating toward a second shot at love.

Observations: This was a delightfully original story. I've never encountered a hot-air balloon in a Woman's World romance, so that was refreshing. I also loved how Lanier threw some obstacles to love in there that the heroine (and the reader!) thought were insurmountable. 

Photo by Dee and Tula Monstah via Flickr creative commons license.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Oh, Kate, this was an awesome story but the conflict in such a story word count was wonderful. I loved the unique premise, but when he said he was afraid of heights, I lost it laughing.

Well done, Amy Lanier!

Mary Jo said...

Hi, Kate!
Glad to see this story in your blog. I did write an air balloon story for WW some years ago, but they didn't buy it. I think my guy had the trip on his bucket list and the girl (well they were both older) I barely recall was trying to broaden her horizons. No sale.