Saturday, November 12, 2022

Better the Second Time


by Marcie McEachern from the November 7, 2022 issue

Tagline: Back in her hometown, Amy enters the fall festival pie contest...but will her maple confection be enough to rekindle an old flame?

Observations: This was a lovely story. I think Ms. McEachern is really hitting her stride with her Woman's World stories. The tale is rich with sensory details and I liked the idea of their having met in a high school culinary class. 

I did question why they were given slices of their own pie at the awards ceremony, but then again, I've never attended a pie contest. Maybe that's the normal routine. :)

I do wish there was an actual recipe, though. A Maple Cream pie sounds delish!

3 comments:

Nanci said...

I loved Amy and Justin and their sweet reunion. I’ve never been to a pie contest, either, and wondered why she was handed two slices along with her blue ribbon. But yeah, maybe it’s standard and in any case, was a great way for Justin to get a delicious taste. 😍

Pat said...

Love this second-time-around romance. Yes, all those wonderful details and emotions made the story. I, too, questioned why they were given pieces of the pie. Also, that judging seemed extremely quick to me.

Great story.

Marcie McEachern said...

Here's the truth: I've never been to a pie contest, either! The couple receiving slices worked well for the story, though, so there you go! I'm glad you enjoyed the story!