Tuesday, December 22, 2020

The Thanksgiving Saving Grace

 


by Maria Gorman from the November 30, 2020 issue

Tagline: When Grace gets a flat tire on the way to her sister's Thanksgiving dinner, a handsome stranger comes to her rescue...and winds up her guest of honor.

Observations: Okay, I have a confession to make. I am addicted to Criminal Minds. I never watched this show when it was on the networks, but I discovered it on Netflix and I can't stop watching episodes. Unfortunately, this means I am thinking about serial killers more frequently than most people, which is why I couldn't help thinking that Grace needed to be much more careful, especially on a back country road where there are no witnesses. LOL

Other than that, and my thought that she should have called her sister ahead of time to see if it was okay, I thought it was a solid man-to-the-rescue story. 

Photo by Rodney Campbell via Flickr Creative Commons License

3 comments:

Pat said...

I laughed, Kate. You and I think alike on the help with a flat. I was raised to always be safe and I'd be scared out of my mind if someone stopped much less offered to help me on the road in the dark. I'm old enough and live in an area where I'd have second thoughts even if the person who stopped was a cop.

But, from a WW POV, I liked the story.

Sandy Smith said...

I suppose she didn't have a lot of choice at that point. He had already stopped and seemed competent. I was more surprised she would invite a total stranger to Thanksgiving dinner. I was surprised when it was revealed he had silver hair and was middle aged. I pictured Grace as younger than that.

Heather Elizabeth said...

Ha ha, Kate, I think like you too! I guess I, also, watch too many crime shows!