Wednesday, August 3, 2022

A Spark of New Love


by Dorothy Wills-Raftery from the July 4, 2022 issue

Tagline: When Cassie returns to her hometown for the Fourth of July, she never expects an old flame to show up...and reignite a decades-old passion.

Observations: I've worked with Ms. Wills-Raftery on several stories and seeing this in print makes me so proud! I love seeing what improvements she made and there are two places in this story that I absolutely loved. 

The paragraph where she describes the actual parade is so thorough and concise. I really felt like I was getting hit by all five senses, like I was really there.

And the ending was so good. She really wrapped it up in a warm, fuzzy bow. Great job, Dorothy!!!

Photo by Shaun C. Williams via Flickr Creative Commons License

4 comments:

Pat said...

This a a cute, well-written story. I enjoyed it.

Mary Ann Joyce said...

Sweet story! I enjoyed reading it!

FiveSibesMom said...

Thank you so very much, Kate! I came over to read some of your wonderful story analyses and was so surprised to see my story here. I'm thrilled to say the very least. I enjoy working with you and your sharp editorial eye is what I know helped to make my story stronger and (woo-hoo) published by Woman's World.

And thank you to the readers for your lovely comments. It's a writer's dreams to hear a written work is enjoyed!

rajesh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.