Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Love on the Spot


by Vicki Cox from the August 21, 2023 issue

Tagline: When her lawn mower quits, Christy Mills needs help...but when Robert shows up to fix it, could he fix her broken heart too?

Observations: I really enjoyed the humor in this story. The running joke about the monkeys and the machete was cute. The hero was witty elsewhere too, like here:

"You know, your favorite ice cream can say a lot about you."

Christy grinned. "Really?"

"Sure. For example, mine is chocolate, which says that I'm trustworthy, hard-working, charming...oh, and humble."

I did find myself wondering what happened to her husband--did they divorce? Did he pass away?

I also wondered why, when she confessed that her favorite ice cream flavor was butter pecan, why he didn't tell her what that flavor said about her personality. 

Otherwise, cute tale!

Photo by Ivan Radic via Flickr Creative Commons License

3 comments:

Sandy Smith said...

I was also surprised he didn't say what butter pecan meant. It was a cute story. The one thing I thought about, though, was how the attraction was established when she heard his voice on the phone. She said she couldn't wait to meet him, but she would have no idea just from the phone call if he was even single.

Kate Willoughby said...

Good points, Sandy! I should give you a crack at the blog!

Pat said...

Cute story!

I think our questions weren't answered due to either author or editing cuts to make the word count. Good catches from both of you.