Wednesday, August 5, 2026

A Treasure Uncovered


by Carrie Langevin from the June 29, 2026 issue

Tagline

When Christina heads to Cape Cod for the summer, a handsome seafood shack owner--and his lovable dog--turn her getaway into something more.

Off the Cuff Observations

She's vacationing for three months. Is she a teacher?

Yes, she's a teacher. LOL

I love the idea of a vintage cottage, but I doubt a refrigerator from the 60s would still be working. Maybe it was meant to be 60s style.

Thank you again to the publishers for extending the word count of the romance stories! I'm often noticing richer descriptions like in this story. 

I love the golden french fry scarfing Lab. Woman's World does love dogs in stories. I noticed that back in 2005!

And the coincidences rack up. First, she happens to run into Randy on the beach. Then his aunt just happens to own the cottage she's renting. Actually, this type of thing is to be expected in these stories. Yes, it's a little goofy, but that's what makes Woman's World stories so fun. You have to enjoy the tongue-in-cheekiness of this very specific genre.

OMG. See what I mean? He lives in Florida during the winter in her neighborhood! Well, of course he does. And his niece is a former student.

I liked how Carrie wove the sea glass throughout the story at the beginning, middle and end as a sort of motif. 

Photo by Kathleen Dagostino via Flickr CC License

No comments: