by Jenness Walker from the August 24, 2026 issue
Tagline
When Aiden shows up to fix a porch light at a client's house, he doesn't expect to reconnect with his high school crush--and feel a spark again.
Off the Cuff Observations
LMAO. Granny rented her a wedding date? That is hilarious.
Okay, the ex is not the groom. That really simplifies things. (I mean, I was getting When Harry Met Sally vibes.) We don't feel nearly the angst for Sarah.
I mean, Gram is stealing the show. How she calls out, "You heard the fella!" Priceless.
Okay, wow. There was some serious tension going on there when the two guys faced off. This is something I've never seen in a Woman's World story. I wonder if this is a sign they're changing the tone for the future?
I'm not sure how I feel about this, to be honest. Perhaps it's because as a reader of these stories for the past 20+ years, I have expectations when I read the stories. If there's conflict, it's either in the past or off the page. Then again, the first story I wrote for them had some conflict. So...maybe the longer word count--then and now--allows for that. Tell me your thoughts in the comments below.
Photo by Bob via Flickr CC License

No comments:
Post a Comment