Sunday, June 28, 2026

Something Borrowed


by Debra McNally from the June 1, 2026 issue

Tagline

When Maddie is stranded before her best friend's wedding, the best man comes to her rescue--and they discover a connection that can't be ignored.

Off the Cuff Observations

So far, I like the modern feel to the story. The heroine is texting and the excitement of being involved in a wedding is palpable.

Maddie then realized she wouldn't recognize Mason when he arrived. She had only heard a few stories..." -- I like how Debra included the backstory about Mason.

He's really not an Old MacDonald type at all. -- LOL

I'm not sure why he had to sneak the bracelet to her. Doesn't Luke's grandmother know they're borrowing it? Maybe I'm missing something.

I get it...the Chicken Dance, because he's a farmer. LOL

I love how they ended up with cute nicknames. I can totally see them fifty years later still calling each other City Girl and Country Boy.


Photo by Naomi King via Flickr CC License

2 comments:

Debra McNally said...

Thank you, Kate for your comments! I am grateful for your helpful advice, edits, and critiques over the years. They have given me confidence and inspiration to continue this writing dream of mine. I always look forward to what "Kate will say" about my WW stories. 😊

Kate Willoughby said...

OMG! I forget sometimes that the authors check out my blog. I'm actually grateful for that because then I'm not putting my comments through a "they're going to read this" filter. Congrats on the sale and I'm so proud to have been a help!!!