Thursday, October 19, 2023

A Latte of Possibilities


by Rochelle Banks from the October 2, 2023 issue

Tagline: As Ashley stepped into the coffee shop to meet an online date, she never could have imagined she'd find true love with a totally different man.

Observations: First of all, I loved the punny title! Being a barista myself, I could identify with the setting of this story, even if pumpkin spice lattes are not my go-to drink.

I haven't seen a blind date story in a while so this was refreshing. The bad date was kind of funny. The guy was painfully awkward. and although the single man being a mama's boy was meant to be a negative, I'm at the age where my mother really does need me sometimes and seeing a man being devoted to her isn't necessarily a negative. 

That being said, Ashley made the right choice. Brent was definitely more date worthy.

Photo by Lorraine C via the Flickr Creative Commons License

4 comments:

Dorothy "FiveSibesMom" Wills-Raftery said...

I really enjoyed this story a "latte!"

Pat said...

Loved the story, loved the characters. The whole story made me laugh and I was glad she ended up with the 'right' guy.

Nanci said...

I loved it! 😀

Kate Willoughby said...

Dorothy, LOL!