Thursday, December 28, 2023

Pick Three For Love by Vicki Cox


Tagline
: When Andrea Jenkins went shopping for a dress to wear to a wedding, she never expected that while on her hunt, she'd also find true love.

Observations: First of all, I love the hero's logical plan for helping his sister shop for clothes. That's a smart man, indeed. 

I like how he offers to fasten the necklace around her neck. It's usually a pretty intimate thing for a stranger to do, but there's a spark here and she was having trouble. This was a clever way of advancing their relationship. 

I loved how he asked to accompany her to the wedding...

"If you arrived on the arm of a handsome man and danced with him throughout the evening, those questions should disappear. I have not one, but two arms and am a handsome man," he said, his grey eyes twinkling.

The ending, calling back to his shopping assistant methods, was adorable.

Photo by Artem Beliaikin via Flickr Creative Commons License


1 comment:

Pat said...

I agree with everything you said here.

I love him as the hero. Loved that he had such an interest in women and how to help them.

This is a story setup I'd have never thought of in a million years as I've never met or even raised a man who carried so much about fashion to be able to help.

Just a wonderful story. The writer did a great job.